Julien

Här diskuterar du olika ambulansfordon

Moderator: Wernvik

Julien

Julien

Inlägg av Julien » 22/2 2009 13:22

Hi !
a im really not a fluent speaking swedich person, so i don't know if i'm writting at the good place :lol:
I'm doing a thesis dealing with triage and the théma is : do the decisions taken by the EMS dispatcher are the good one or not". I foud a very interesant article by Lean Hjälte and all in European journal of energency medicine "Initial emergency medical dispatching and pre hospital needs assessement : a prospective study of swedish ambulances" (EJEM, 2007, vol 14, n°3, 134-141).
To analyse the outcomes, i have to undrestand how the EMS dispatch system works :oops: :oops: :oops: .
Well, i realise there are 4 lever of priority for ambulance assignements, and level 4 corresponds to "no ambulance at all".
The method compare the priority level from the dispatcher wiht an assessement done by the ambulance crew on-the-scene. This study show that 11% of assessement by crew corespond on their own at a level priority 4.
The conclusion of the article is that 30% of transportations are not required...
I don't understand the difference between both percentges :o
Well, my question is : is there a phone call between the crew on the scene and the dispatcher who decide to send the ambulance, to evaluate the need of transport ?
are these 30% of no requiring transport according the ambulance crew, are assessed after the transmission of information from the scene at the dispatcher ?
I hope someone could imagine my trouble and give a little help ... :)
thanks in advance, and sorry if i don't write it in the good chapter :)
Julien

Beasp1

Inlägg av Beasp1 » 22/2 2009 20:18

Hi! Priority 4 is a transport where no medical attention is needed, may be carried out by a basic "Taxi-look-a-like" car, manned with only one (ambulance-)driver.

The diffarence between EMS-dispatcher priority and the ambulance-crew was measured in the patient-record that the ambulance-crew wrote. They have to tell both the priority choosen by the dispatch-central and the priority they experienced on arrival. The problem with this study is that a lot could have happened between phonecall to dispatch and the ambulance arrival.

Julien

Inlägg av Julien » 25/2 2009 20:48

thanks for your answer
Julien

Skriv svar